Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Market Hall in Twitter Building in SF

So here's a place I've been hearing about for a while, and since I was near there after work, I thought I'd have a look around. Sorta like Tom Cruise in Eyes Wide Shut. Security seemed tense today, what with the shooting in San Bernadino, and some strange incident nearby allegedly involving a concealed gun, with police swarming the area.


OK, so the whole idea of Kale Sausage is an abomination to me, but everything else here looks great. I've never seen in-house Mexican style Chorizo, but Robin claims they have it at Berkeley Bowl.


Very tempting oyster counter. Thankfully I wasn't hungry.


Huge cheese selection, with plenty of locals like Cowgirl.

Here's one we had in Washington, and you can find it here (I'm thinking Berkeley Bowl has Opals), but pretty rarefied.


You get the idea. The best of the best. Like Whole Foods, but even better quality fare, and slightly higher prices. Call me impressed. I doubt I'd come here from work very often (I like to "brown bag" it), but good to see what they've got going. Maybe some day after work it would be nice to return. Mid-Market is something of a food desert. I should mention: the line was fairly long (ca. eight deep) when I was there.



1 comment: