Saturday, April 2, 2016

Nation's Giant Hamburgers

Read a great interview with the CEO of Nation's in the latest East Bay Monthly. That convinced to give it a try. There's one right around the corner--fast food's not my thing--but I thought, what the hell, maybe this is better than I anticipated?

Yep. Folded tissue paper just like I learned to do in my fast food gigs in high school. Smells good. 

OK, looks a little rough, but alright.

Saw that grilled onions were free, so hell yeah! Bring it on!

This way exceeded my expectations. Other than asking for the grilled onion, this is a straight up regular Hamburger. Pretty big. Just under $5. Meat has good flavor and texture--according to their CEO, this is fresh, non frozen meat, and that's what it tastes like. Pleasantly surprised that the meat had just a touch of salt if any at all. Onions, perfectly done. Bun: about what you'd expect, nothing wrong with it at all, but also nothing fancy, big and fluffy, which is what you want for a juicy burger, which this most definitely is. Iceberg lettuce and tomato slices, very fresh and cold: spot on. And what I really really love, mayo instead of ketchup and/or mustard, for the condiment. I'm sure they could hold the mayo and have it your way.

Based on this, I'd say Nations easily eclipses In And Out, and any other chain burger around. You'd have to go to Farm Burger (in Berkeley) to find better than this around here.



1 comment: