Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Casper's in Albany


Today I went to one of these. It's a local chain in the Bay Area, and I've reviewed another one (Nation's). I generally don't like hot dogs, but Robin wanted a snack, and I said why not?

When I first saw Casper's, I assumed this guy had something to do with it.



Is that Unironic Midcentury Modern?

I got an All-Beef Hot Dog.

Robin got the regular. We both got all the fixings.


Wow, this does not suck. The hot dog is similar to Hebrew National or Nathan's, with a good flavor and a nice snap to it, meaning it's got a real casing. And look, those are real fresh onions and tomatoes, and they tasted like the real thing. Tomatoes are in season here now. This was way beyond my expectation.




Count me as surprised. Casper's is even better than Nation's, but Nation's far exceeded my expectations too. Next time, I'll have to try a milkshake.

1 comment: