Saturday, October 22, 2016

Quan Yin & Buddha starlit still



Quan Yin & Buddha starlit still
They burn fiercely in the night
piercing redwood branches


onyx void lumined 
silver points
blue giants and red dwarfs
schist and quartz


amphibians 
grasshoppers 
meadow birds
percussing wanton chants
on long sustained lines
Kirk's circular breathing


Fox screams heard by huckleberries
In the near distance
I can hear the call of a cat
down the dirt road 
by the pond


From another ridge line
I can hear a cant
Coyote?
No: cock.


Underneath it all
there is no silence


that which presses my cheek
insists on threading the thicket
on nearby peak



There is no doubt
that tiny group of stars
 has looked down on me
all of my nights
but I am not sure
that I've ever noticed
that ring before,
dancing near Orion





























Copyright 2016, George Randall Leake III

1 comment: