Sunday, February 1, 2015

Grocery Outlet: Rohnert Park and Petaluma

 Angry Birds Star Wars-themed fruit bar snacks. I bought 3 of these for my friend Megan.

Grocery Outlet, Rohnert Park, which is a boring suburb just south of Santa Rosa. Never been in this one before. And even though I lived a few miles away, I think this was the first time I ever set foot in Rohnert Park. Now that's a place where one can say "there's no there there." Though their Gross Out is pretty good. Better than average beer selection.


But, best of all, these one pound jars of Caro Cashew Butter, $3.99 each. See that Tahini next to it? We got 2 jars of it for $1.99 each a few months ago. I don't think we've opened either one yet. Gotta say, these are solid, solid bargains. This Gross Out was neat and tidy, but on the down side, the music was bad--an Eagles song I've heard too many times followed by "American Pie."


One of the weirdest things we saw today. Root Beer Float flavored Chips Ahoy.


And here's some blue-iced cookies leftover from Christmas. Just in time for Immolc!


Switch-A-Witch? Switch-hitting witch? DIY, what? OK, that's it for Rohnert Park. 


Grocery Outlet Petaluma. Yeah, I've reviewed it before, but we decided to hit it again today on the way home (at sunset). Good thing, because that's where I got the fruit snacks pictured above.


One of the weird things you'll find are holiday items long past the holidays, like Halloween Candy, Pumpkin or Cranberry flavored stuff, or something like this, a soy drink flavored like Egg Nog. Only $1.49!


But then they've got Easter leftovers from last year.


Thought the Pop Tart grill was strange enough, but do your own Twinkies? What next, decorate your own Ho-Hos?

WTF?! Must be for people who have extra nasty hangovers.


 More inexplicable blue desserts.


BOTA's one of the better box wines, but with Gross Out's prices, I can afford to drink much better quality wine for cheap. But *this* is really, really amazing. $4.99 for 3 liters, that's 4 bottles of wine, folks. I've had their Malbec, and it's not bad. 

1 comment: