Friday, July 1, 2016

Wonderful: Hunan Cuisine in Millbrae

Hunan Smoked Pork & Leeks.

I've been to two restaurants in Silicon Valley, and one was a very good Chinese restaurant in Palo Alto. We got down to Millbrae and just used our instincts. Pretty happy, to say the least, with this choice. I bet there's at least a dozen other great Chinese restaurants in the area.

Hunan ground pork appetizer/condiment, ground pork with hot and mild chiles, garlic, and salt.


I simply sprinkled some of the pork condiment on everything. Here's the first dish: Smoked Pork and Leeks, possibly my favorite of this regional cuisine. 


Although this--Lotus Root with Pork--is probably my new favorite. Chiles, ginger, garlic, and a rich meat broth.



Hand made noodles with chicken and cabbage. Not much seasoning here, again with a rich meat broth, probably a blend of chicken and pork, judging by the flavors. Astonishing to me that we just happened to pick a Chinese restaurant serving hand-made noodles, given how rare that was to find just a few years ago. I certainly love the result.



Wonderful
270 Broadway, Millbrae, CA 94030



No comments:

Post a Comment