Thursday, January 30, 2014

Farmer's Market at UN Plaza, SF Civic Center

Had some time to kill Wednesday before work and really needed some veggies, so I thought I'd check out this Farmer's Market not too far away. It was misty and foggy as I approached the city, and as soon as I arrived it had turned into light rain. Note the umbrellas.



Just like any Farmer's Market around, there's a mix of seasonal produce and prepared foods. But this FM has a lot more selection than most. Only the one at the Embarcadero is has more variety--but the prices at the UN Plaza FM are the best I've seen anywhere in the Bay Area.






Here's a few things I don't see around much. Dates still on the stem.


Blood limes and other uncommon citrus. The folks at this stall hail from Fresno.






Best of all was the fishmonger. Last in setting up, there was a small crowd waiting for them to unload.



Those were the first fish they laid out. Here's what it looked like a few minutes later once all the tables seafood was displayed.


For more info: http://www.hocfarmersmarket.org/

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I have never even heard of a blood lime.

    ReplyDelete